Apr 5, 2010

Our BIG, Exciting Spring Break Trip!!!

This past Friday, the 31st, Joe had an overnight surveying job in Yakima. SO- the kids and I "packed up" and drove over to stay the night!! I had contemplated not going, since it was just one night, and lately I only sleep "ok" when Joe's not in the bed (sorry Honey). But he said there was a pool and I figured that I better get out and do SOMETHING, (no matter how small) especially with all of us, before this baby gets here, or I might go crazy! And of course, when I told Haylie and Connor we were going and that there was a pool, there was no going back! Connor is definitely my son! He would much rather be in the hot tub than in the pool. I'm sure being in the 10th percentile for his weight and height might have a little to do with that...
My handsome hubby. :) Hopefully someday before I die, I'll catch a picture of him where he is showing his teeth... Connor riding "the turtle."
Our little fish. This girl isn't afraid of anything... she LOVES the water!
Cheesey!
We had such a fun time. I had forgotten how much fun it can be to stay in a hotel! My mom told me not to discount the simple pleasures in life, and she is definitely right. I don't know what it is about sleeping in a room that's not your own... being able to do pretty much whatever you want?? Could be. I especially liked the part where it only took us an hour to drive back home!

No comments: