Jun 27, 2010

PICTURE THIS:

So, Joe got off work at noon last Thursday and had Friday off too, so our weekend was officially started. We all dressed down into our jammies and popped in a movie. I was craving a Diet Pepsi, so I decided to run down to the market and get Joe and I some pop. As I was leaving, I thought I'd take Lady (our Beagle) along since she loves car rides. She was all too excited to go and ran around the house like crazy after I said the word "Bye bye."


Now, remember, I was in my pajamas. And not just any... some pink and white flannel pants, and an old, pink, maternity t-shirt. And no bra.


Ya know, I've had moments where I think... 'Who knows who I'll run into. I probably should make myself a little presentable.' Well, the pop machines were just right outside the building, and I planned on just pulling right up, getting the drinks, and leaving.


Easier said, than done.


So we left. Music up, windows down; a nice little "minute" away from the kids! We did pull right up to the building. I left the car running, because, as I said, I was just going to hop out and hop back in.


I got a couple cans, brought it over to set on the car, turned around to go get another can and heard it. The doors lock. I turned around to run and unlock them through the window, but it was too late. Not only had she locked the doors; she'd rolled the window up too.

So there I am. Standing outside of my locked car with the engine running and my dog inside, in my pajamas (and no bra), yelling, begging, PLEADING with her to come to the window and undo what she'd just done. Of course, she just stood there on the middle console, tongue hanging out and tail wagging like she was having the best time of her life.

One of the boys that works at the market came out to do some sweeping and offered to let me use his phone. So I called Joe. Well, we were both a little "iffy" about him coming to rescue me because Connor had been diagnosed that day with Bronchitis and Haylie was still getting over Pink Eye. So, the boy whose phone I was using went inside and got me an old pizza pocket so that I could try and lure Lady closer to the lock button.

You think I looked crazy before? Now I was standing in my pajamas, no bra, right outside the front door where people were streaming in and out of the store, with food in my hands, begging Lady to just move an inch. It was so horrible. I felt so stupid. But what was I supposed to do? I couldn't really walk home and just leave my car running... except the doors were locked so no one could really steal it, could they? But still...

And then he came. My Hero. With the other set of keys. And we all went home happy. Except Lady... I threw the pizza pocket away. At least she cleaned up all the crumbs in the car. :)

5 comments:

Kendal said...

Oh my goodness!!! That sounds like quite the adventure. It also sounds like something that would happen to me. What a good husband...savin the day!

Lexi said...

Awesome story! Well, I'm sure it wasn't awesome at the time but it was really fun to read. The hot pocket thing was hilarious!

Chelsea Rivas said...

That is so freaking funny, Cass.

We've all done similar things. Some of us just aren't self-confident enough to admit it.

Yvonne said...

Oh my gosh! That is so hilarious!!

Katy said...

LOLOL I bet that's the last time you go to the store braless!! LOLOL Thanks for the laugh!