Mar 8, 2011

TOOFER Part 2

Well, it happened. After 30 minutes of kicking and screaming we finally got her tooth out. We told Haylie yesterday when she got off the bus, that the tooth had to come out today. I said, “I won’t pull it out right now if you don’t want, but it WILL come out before you go to bed.” Her poor gums were swollen and sore to the touch, and were turning purple, so we decided it was time. She bawled and begged and pleaded, and then bawled some more. She kept telling us that she would pull it out herself, but she never did. Finally, I had had enough, so I grabbed a wet paper towel, pinned her down and pulled it out. When I backed away from her with the tooth in hand, and she calmed down a little bit, I held out my hand and said, “What’s this?!”

Confused, she said, “I don’t know…” After she realized that I had in fact pulled her tooth out, she said in disbelief, “HA! I DIDN’T EVEN FEEL IT!”

You can imagine how happy she was after that… little stinker.

BEFORE: 

My Fam 001

AFTER:

My Fam 002

Notice how puffy and red her cheeks are.  The tooth fairy was very generous for her first lost tooth… she got 5 containers of play dough, a package of 700 stickers and a delicious pack of bubble gum! The tooth fairy even took pity on Connor so he wouldn’t feel bad, and gave him some play dough as well. ;) Thank goodness this tooth is gone! Drama drama drama…

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Way to go Haylie!

Jackie said...

seems like I went thru this exact scenario about 22 years ago....pretty funny

Rachel said...

That is so funny, I actually remember going through this with my mom also. It really was surprising how much it did not hurt when it finally fell out. I cannot believe she is old enough to be losing teeth! This will be Lucy in a year. Crazy!!! And oh boy that drama is going to probably make me insane.

Dedre said...

:)lol too funny! Girls...such drama queens! I feel ya!

Yvonne said...

She's so proud of that tooth, now! :)