I actually love school days. It means no more crazy schedules, late nights and lazy days. Don’t get me wrong, I like sleeping in in the mornings a LOT. But sleeping in doesn’t happen unless my kids sleep in. My kids don’t sleep in unless they go to bed late the night before. And when my kids go to bed late, it means I don’t have my nice, quiet, relaxing cuddle time with my hubby. And if Momma doesn’t have a little “Me Time” every day, she gets a little cranky.
Back to school means that we get back into our routine. We wake up early and go to bed early. We do our chores and we do our homework. We eat dinner as a family. And all of these things make us happier throughout the day. I love having that big Summer break, but I am realizing that I am more of a schedule-type-of-girl. I like to make plans and lists (not obsessively). I don’t do well with last minute plans- there’s always something I will forget. For years now, I have felt ashamed of this little detail of my life, but in the last few days, I have come to be proud of it. I like that about me!
This year, I have 2 kids in school. My little Connor started kindergarten this morning. :( My mom texted me the other day and said, “It seems like he just got here,” and she’s totally right. Seems like we just brought him home and now he’s off to school. Poor kid… life will never be the same again. He doesn’t realize it yet, but he’s got some LONG years of schooling ahead of him.
Connor’s shirt says “You’re No Match For My Dad”
Haylie’s Puma shirt says “Be True To Your Sport”
This picture just about killed me. He was fine until we got to the classroom and he was supposed to hang up his backpack on a hook. Next thing I knew, he had his face buried in my shirt telling me he didn’t want to go. :(
Luckily, I managed to come up with something genius and this is how I left him. :)
My big 2nd grader. What an amazing girl!
And now it’s time to go and pick them up! Hard to believe the day is almost done… only 179 more to go! ;)
No comments:
Post a Comment