Aug 15, 2012

Seven Brides for Seven Brothers

For an early anniversary gift, I surprised Joe with tickets to go see “Seven Brides for Seven Brothers” at Sundance Resort in Utah. Our anniversary isn’t until September 16th but with school starting and the play not running that long, I figured we better go before tickets were sold out. The resort is only about a 2.5 hour drive from our house which is SO nice (especially since we didn’t take our kids with us)!

P1090814

P1090815

The set. This play really was unique… ALL of the actors were amazing singers and dancers. What an honor to get to perform here!
Joe would like to make it clear that he thinks this is the ONLY musical where it’s OK for men to dance and sing (therefore it’s his favorite musical). I wasn’t allowed to take pictures of the actual play, so of course I didn’t…

P1090818

My hot date.

P1090819

This is Chad. He talks to Charles all the time! (As in Charles Robert Redford.) Lucky son-of-a-gun. He told a story before the play started that went like this: Before Sundance started putting on this play, Robert Redford tried to buy the rights for the play but kept getting shut down. Everyone told him no. So finally he decided to put on a play called “Five Brides for Five Brothers.” The end. Apparently, Robert called Chad the Friday before the first play was performed and said, “You need to tell this story before every play.”

P1090825

I thought these pictures were funny… it was intermission and we got a little giddy. We kept trying to take a self portrait, which were all failed attempts (and which I will NOT be putting on the internet) and these are the final two pictures we took. We were both laughing so hard and I thought it was funny that we both took the same exact picture of each other.

P1090835

P1090836

It’s a good thing I married a mountain man who NEVER gets cold because I was FREEZING! Joe let me wear his jacket as well as my own, plus I was coverrd up with a blanket. And he told me it wouldn’t get cold… never listen to a mountain man. ;)

Thank you to my awesome sister-in-law, Rachel and brother-in-law, Steve and to Joe’s parents for watching our kids so that Joe and I could get away for our anniversary. We had such a great time and definitely needed to get away!

1 comment:

Dedre said...

ahhh how fun! one of my FAVORITE plays too!