This has been a long time comin' but thanks to my kids and the 56 degree weather outside ;), I finally found the motivation to get it done!
It's true. He turned 3. Why does time move so quickly, just when you want it to slow down? I can remember being so excited when Haylie was a baby... always ready for her next stage in life. Sitting up, crawling, talking, walking... And now she is going to be starting kindergarten in a few months. NOT COOL!! Then when Connor came, I got smart! I'd leave him laying on the floor as long as I could, even though he was trying to pull himself up to a sitting position, because I KNEW that if I encouraged him to sit up, or crawl, or walk, I'd lose my baby. And look! He's still 3! My little plan failed. :(
3/28 This is the birthday party we had at my Grandma's house in Oregon. Connor picked out the sprinkle cake mix and cream cheese frosting. Mmmm.... :)
There are 3 candles there... but for some reason, they wouldn't stay lit, so we turned the cupcake sideways for the picture. ;)
You little devil, you.... That is definitely an "I'm up to NO good!" face.

There are 3 candles there... but for some reason, they wouldn't stay lit, so we turned the cupcake sideways for the picture. ;)
You little devil, you.... That is definitely an "I'm up to NO good!" face.3/30
On his real birthday, we met my mom and Larry at the pizza place in Prosser. Connor got the Chipmunks CD and a new bike from Joe and I. I think he likes the bike... But again, it just makes him look like a little kid instead of my baby...

Grandpa Larry!
And Gramma Jackie!
Gramma Tami and Grandpa Mark sent Connor his very own golf club... which he loves! Haylie was very excited to "help" open his gifts. ;)
And Gramma Jackie!
Gramma Tami and Grandpa Mark sent Connor his very own golf club... which he loves! Haylie was very excited to "help" open his gifts. ;)
And Gramma Jackie and Grandpa Larry got him some new Hot Wheels. Just what we need!
I wasn't feeling very "on top of it" this year... could be the pregnancy... who knows?! But poor Connor's birthday was planned at the very last minute and so his cake was store bought. Now that I am looking at the pictures and his expressions, I realize that he will never know the difference. We found this pie at the grocery store by our house called Turtle Cheesecake and it was SO good!
I wasn't feeling very "on top of it" this year... could be the pregnancy... who knows?! But poor Connor's birthday was planned at the very last minute and so his cake was store bought. Now that I am looking at the pictures and his expressions, I realize that he will never know the difference. We found this pie at the grocery store by our house called Turtle Cheesecake and it was SO good!


All in all, a success! We only wish that all of our family that live far way, could have been here to celebrate with us! SOON though!! Hopefully they will come when little baby Rose gets here!! :)
2 comments:
Looks like fun! We miss you Connor!!!! Can't wait for the baby to come, so we can get up there and hang out with ya all :)
That just doesn't seem POSSIBLE!!! 3!!! What a cutie pie. And you are right...he will never care what kind of cake you had. He WILL, however, remember all of these wonderful memories you are recording on your blog. I hope you are making books!
Post a Comment