So we decided to take the "scenic route" on the way home from Burley. FYI... this took us 2 days to get home! Granted, we stopped and did a lot of sight seeing, baby feeding, diaper changing, potty breaks, gas stops, and bought WAY too much junk food!
This is at Lake Cascade, about 30 minutes outside of McCall (where we stayed Sunday night). Maggie had to eat, and there was NO way I was going to listen to her scream for 30 minutes! Joe took these pictures while I was in the car with the babe. 



It was too late to go swimming that night, so bright and early the next morning, you better believe that's the first thing the kids wanted to do! Of course, I was AGAIN feeding Maggie while the kids were swimming, so I didn't get any pictures, but this is right after Mag's bath.




It was too late to go swimming that night, so bright and early the next morning, you better believe that's the first thing the kids wanted to do! Of course, I was AGAIN feeding Maggie while the kids were swimming, so I didn't get any pictures, but this is right after Mag's bath. HELLO ROUND BELLY!
After we left the hotel, we drove down to the lake (Lake McCall) for some more swimming. It was pretty overcast so the water wasn't all that warm but that didn't stop Haylie and Connor from jumping right in! Even Connor, who is a little weary of the water sometimes, and really would rather be in a hot tub, put his head right in!
This dog belonged to someone at the lake, and he LOVED to play fetch. Luckily he found the biggest sucker of them all, and he and Connor played and played until it was time for us to go!

Poor Haylie... she's such a trooper. She swam and swam until her tiny little body just couldn't take it anymore. She was FREEZING!! 
So, after we swam til our heart's content... we loaded up and went to go find a yummy place to eat some lunch. Maggie was asleep so I put her in her car seat so we could eat. She was ZONKED! We filled our tummies, jumped back in the car, filled up with gas (and a delicious Maverick frozen yogurt :), and headed out of town. I'd say it was about two hours down the road when we saw some rafters on the river. The kids were FREAKING OUT so we stopped to watch. Joe opened up the door to check on Maggie and this is what he found:
What the heck?? Who forgot to buckle up Maggie?? Look at her head! What if we got in a wreck? Haylie, why didn't you tell us Maggie wasn't buckled up? Joe fix her head! How is she still asleep? Joe, look at her head! Fix it! Is she asleep?
2 HOURS!
Yep. You read that right. We drove for two straight hours, through a winding, narrow, canyon with Maggie asleep like this. Can you say horrible parents? Jeesh! Luckily, everything was fine. Joe picked her up, changed her diaper and put her back in the car seat and she didn't even flinch.
So since our little "detour" home was taking WAY longer than it should have, we stayed put in the car for a while. When we got to Grangeville, ID, we decided to stop at this little building that we passed on the way through town. Apparently, some guy was digging a trench to lay some pipe in 1994 and dug up this huge bone! He later discovered that it was a mammoth femur bone and went on to dig up the rest of the skeleton. How cool is that??! Who woulda' thought in little ole Grangeville, you'd find a mammoth skeleton?!(next two pictures taken by Haylie)
I guess he didn't want to say "cheese."
Ahh the joys of travelling. Don't I look marvelous?
Ahh the joys of travelling. Don't I look marvelous?





5 comments:
What a fun vacation!! And your kiddos are adorable!! Oh and we forgot to buckle Elliott one time, he didn't get all crooked but I still freaked out at Cris. Learned my lesson to check him all the time.
We had a great time with you guys, even with all the stressy stuff going on :) You guys look like you had a great time on the way home, I am even more excited for our trip to McCall this weekend with the Whipples after seeing all your pictures, it looks very pretty!
Your kids are SO cute. And Maggie's fat belly and legs are to die for. The chubbier the better!
I loved this post. Your kids are adorable, and I looooooove Maggie's fat tummy and legs. The chubbier the better!
Cute pictures! I'm glad you had a fun time! Can't wait to hang out again!
Post a Comment