Saturday was the 24th, and Oakley (where Joe went to high school) has a big 10K race every year. This was the first time Joe has ran the race in 5 years! The last time he ran it, I was pregnant with Haylie. And now that I look back on it, I was REALLY REALLY pregnant. Haylie was born August 1st! YIKES! Anyway, after the race, there's a big pancake breakfast in the park and later a parade, carnival and rodeo. We only stayed for the breakfast and then headed back to Burley so the guys could golf. While they were golfing, Rach (Joe's sister) and I took the kids to the pool to swim! And BOY did they have fun!! (Somehow, I didn't get any pictures of my nieces at the pool :( Not sure how that happened.... ) 


After swimming, we ALL went back to the house for naps. Even ME! It was so nice, and I am so grateful to Rachel for letting me sleep while she worked. I still wish she would have woke me up to help though... She planned this big BBQ and it was SO yummy! Later that night they lit off a bunch of fireworks in the front yard. What a great time!
Joe's sister and her family are moving to Wyoming in a few weeks to take a new job! We are so excited for them!! Burley is where Joe and I started our lives together so it was very bittersweet saying our goodbyes... This was the last time we will visit family in Burley as all of Joe's family have moved away from Southern Idaho so Sunday was very relaxed. We didn't hurry to leave and instead took our time in the morning getting the car packed up. What a fun trip!!!!
(more to come.....)
1 comment:
I can't believe you guys were less than 2 hours away and we missed seeing you. I am so bummed. It looks and sounds like you had a great trip though.
Post a Comment